Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records

    August 21, 2026

    Of Local Government Autonomy and Allocation Boom: Let the Grassroots Feel the Impact

    August 21, 2026

    Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records
    • Of Local Government Autonomy and Allocation Boom: Let the Grassroots Feel the Impact
    • Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa
    • NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans
    • No Shortcut to Aso Rock: ADC, NDC Must Be Prepared To Work — Afegbua
    • Arsenal Sign Aston Villa’s Ezri Konsa In £51m Deal
    • Tinubu To Address World Leaders At UNGA 81
    • Ogogo’s Daughters Cry Out For Help As Actor Battles Stage Four Cancer
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    TheScrutinyNG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, August 22
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Business
    • News
      • World News
    • Sports
    • Interviews
    • Opinion
    • Entertainment
    • Columnists
    • ABOUT US
    TheScrutinyNG
    Home » Man Faces Attempted Murder Trial Over Soldier Stabbing
    2 Mins ReadJuly 25, 2024

    Man Faces Attempted Murder Trial Over Soldier Stabbing

    By Festus AdeloyeJuly 25, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    A 24-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder over the stabbing of a British soldier earlier this week, UK police said on Thursday.

    Detectives investigating the serious assault of a soldier in Gillingham have charged Anthony Esan in court.

    This is according to a Thursday statement obtained from the Kent Police website.

    It was titled, “Suspect charged with attempted murder of soldier in Gillingham.”

    ” Kent Police was called to Sally Port Gardens at around 5.55pm on Tuesday, 23 July 2024, to a report that the victim, a man in his 40s, had suffered injuries consistent with stab wounds.

    “He was taken to a hospital for treatment, and his condition is currently described as serious but stable,” it read.

    The statement noted that Esan was arrested the same day and is slated to appear in court on Thursday (today).

    “Anthony Esan, 24, was arrested near his home address in Mooring Road, Rochester, at approximately 6.30pm the same day and has now been charged with attempted murder and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.

    “He is due to appear at Medway Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, 25 July,” it further read.

    According to Kent Police, the victim, a man in his forties, is in the hospital and currently described as being in a serious but stable condition.

    Prime Minister Keir Starmer expressed that he was “shocked and appalled” by the incident, which took place in Gillingham, approximately 40 miles (64 kilometres) southeast of London.

    Taking to X on Wednesday, he posted, “I am shocked and appalled by the news that a soldier has been attacked in Kent.

    “All our thoughts are with the soldier, his family, and our Armed Forces community, who serve to keep all of us safe.

    “I wish him a swift recovery.”

    Kent Police have yet to indicate any motive in the latest attack, but they are not thought to be treating it as terror-related.

    The force had said it was “exploring the possibility that it may be mental health-related.”

    Author

    • Festus Adeloye
      Festus Adeloye

      View all posts
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Festus Adeloye

    Related Posts

    Crime

    FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records

    August 21, 2026
    COLUMNISTS

    Of Local Government Autonomy and Allocation Boom: Let the Grassroots Feel the Impact

    August 21, 2026
    Breaking News

    Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa

    August 20, 2026
    Breaking News

    NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans

    August 19, 2026
    Breaking News

    No Shortcut to Aso Rock: ADC, NDC Must Be Prepared To Work — Afegbua

    August 19, 2026
    Breaking News

    Arsenal Sign Aston Villa’s Ezri Konsa In £51m Deal

    August 19, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Editor's Picks

    FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records

    August 21, 2026

    Of Local Government Autonomy and Allocation Boom: Let the Grassroots Feel the Impact

    August 21, 2026

    Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa

    August 20, 2026

    NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans

    August 19, 2026
    Latest Posts
    Advertisement
    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World
    • US Politics
    • EU Politics
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • Connections
    • Science

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2025 The Scrutiny. Designed by Design Streams.

    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.