Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Coup: ECOWAS Suspends Guinea Bissau

    November 28, 2025

    I’II Honour EFCC’s Invitation, Says Malami

    November 28, 2025

    Tinubu Hails Ex-PDP Spokesman Olisa Metuh On 60th Birthday

    November 28, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Coup: ECOWAS Suspends Guinea Bissau
    • I’II Honour EFCC’s Invitation, Says Malami
    • Tinubu Hails Ex-PDP Spokesman Olisa Metuh On 60th Birthday
    • I Felt Like Hitting Obasanjo With Microphone At My Birthday — Fayose
    • Kebbi Schoolgirls: No Ransom Was Paid – Gov Idris
    • FG’s Request for Ekweremadu To Complete Prison Term in Nigeria Rejected by UK
    • Paystack Fires Co-founder Olubi Amid Allegation Of Sexual Misconduct
    • Terrorism: Court Sentences Nnamdi Kanu To Life Imprisonment
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    TheScrutinyNG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, November 30
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Business
    • News
      • World News
    • Sports
    • Interviews
    • Opinion
    • Entertainment
    • Columnists
    • ABOUT US
    TheScrutinyNG
    Home » Israeli Army Orders New Evacuations In Southern Gaza
    2 Mins ReadJuly 27, 2024

    Israeli Army Orders New Evacuations In Southern Gaza

    By TheScrutinyNGJuly 27, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The Israeli military issued new evacuation orders for residents of southern Gaza’s Khan Yunis City on Saturday, after retrieving the bodies of five Israelis and warning of new operations.

    The United Nations said more than 180,000 Palestinians have already fled fierce fighting in Khan Yunis since the military began an operation in the area last Monday.

    The evacuation orders and “intensified hostilities” have “significantly destabilised aid operations”, the UN said, reporting “dire water, hygiene and sanitation conditions” in the Palestinian territory.

    After Israel warned its forces would “forcefully operate” in the Khan Yunis region, including an area previously declared a safe humanitarian zone, the health ministry in Hamas-run Gaza said on Monday that an Israeli operation in Khan Yunis killed 70 people and wounded more than 200.

    The military said at the time that it would act to stop rocket fire coming towards Israel from the area, which had already seen heavy fighting early in the year.

    On Wednesday the military said forces carried out a rescue operation in Khan Yunis and retrieved the bodies of five Israelis.

    They had been killed during the October 7 attack on Israel by Hamas militants, and their bodies were taken back to Gaza, the military said.

    On Saturday, it ordered residents from more parts of Khan Yunis “to temporarily evacuate to the adjusted humanitarian area in Al-Mawasi” — the second such adjustment made to the safe zone within a week.

    Witnesses and rescuers said heavy battles continued around eastern

    Khan Yunis on Friday, and medics at the city’s Nasser Hospital reported at least 16 bodies brought to the facility from different parts of the southern governorate.

    The war in Gaza began after Hamas militants attacked southern Israel on October 7, resulting in the deaths of 1,197 people, mostly civilians, according to an AFP tally based on official Israeli figures.

    Militants also seized 251 hostages during the attack, 111 of whom are still held captive in Gaza, including 39 the military says are dead.

    Israel’s retaliatory military campaign in Gaza has killed at least 39,175 people, according to Gaza’s health ministry, which does not provide details of civilian and militant deaths.

    AFP.

    Author

    • TheScrutinyNG
      TheScrutinyNG

      View all posts
    Gaza Israeli Khan Yunis City
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    TheScrutinyNG
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Defence

    Coup: ECOWAS Suspends Guinea Bissau

    November 28, 2025
    Breaking News

    I’II Honour EFCC’s Invitation, Says Malami

    November 28, 2025
    Featured

    Tinubu Hails Ex-PDP Spokesman Olisa Metuh On 60th Birthday

    November 28, 2025
    Featured

    I Felt Like Hitting Obasanjo With Microphone At My Birthday — Fayose

    November 26, 2025
    Breaking News

    Kebbi Schoolgirls: No Ransom Was Paid – Gov Idris

    November 26, 2025
    Crime

    FG’s Request for Ekweremadu To Complete Prison Term in Nigeria Rejected by UK

    November 24, 2025

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Editor's Picks

    Coup: ECOWAS Suspends Guinea Bissau

    November 28, 2025

    I’II Honour EFCC’s Invitation, Says Malami

    November 28, 2025

    Tinubu Hails Ex-PDP Spokesman Olisa Metuh On 60th Birthday

    November 28, 2025

    I Felt Like Hitting Obasanjo With Microphone At My Birthday — Fayose

    November 26, 2025
    Latest Posts
    Advertisement
    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World
    • US Politics
    • EU Politics
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • Connections
    • Science

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2025 The Scrutiny. Designed by Design Streams.

    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.