Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans

    August 19, 2026

    No Shortcut to Aso Rock: ADC, NDC Must Be Prepared To Work — Afegbua

    August 19, 2026

    Arsenal Sign Aston Villa’s Ezri Konsa In £51m Deal

    August 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans
    • No Shortcut to Aso Rock: ADC, NDC Must Be Prepared To Work — Afegbua
    • Arsenal Sign Aston Villa’s Ezri Konsa In £51m Deal
    • Tinubu To Address World Leaders At UNGA 81
    • Ogogo’s Daughters Cry Out For Help As Actor Battles Stage Four Cancer
    • Osun Election: APC’s Oyebamiji Accepts Result, Urges Supporters To Remain Calm
    • El-Rufai Files N10b Suit Against ICPC Over Denial Of Family Access
    • Edo Assembly Speaker, Blessing Agbebaku Resigns, Idiaye Assumes Position
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    TheScrutinyNG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, August 19
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Business
    • News
      • World News
    • Sports
    • Interviews
    • Opinion
    • Entertainment
    • Columnists
    • ABOUT US
    TheScrutinyNG
    Home » Nyesom Wike Says No Formal Request Received For August 1 Protest At Eagle Square
    2 Mins ReadJuly 27, 2024

    Nyesom Wike Says No Formal Request Received For August 1 Protest At Eagle Square

    By Amina MohammedJuly 27, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Nyesom Wike says he is yet to get a letter requesting the usage of the Eagle Square for a planned protest billed to start from August 1.

    Wike spoke on Saturday at a town hall meeting with critical stakeholders in the FCT ahead of the demonstrations which is tagged #EndBadGovernance protest.

    He said that no letter was sent to his office requesting to use Eagle Square for the planned protest.

    The FCT minister said the protesters should not just make use of social media to send a message to his office. He advised them to rather pass through the appropriate channels.

    Wike had earlier warned against the protest.

    “For those who want to protest on the 1st, FCT is not available for such protests,” he said while urging residents to desist from embarking on such acts.

    Stakeholders who attended the Saturday meeting included the FCT Minister (State) Mariya Mahmoud, area council chairmen, traditional rulers, religious bodies, representatives of political parties, and representatives of women and youth groups, among others.

    Saturday’s meeting was to create a communication channel between the FCT administration and residents of the capital city to talk about their grievances with the present leadership and areas of possible solutions.

    Author

    • Amina Mohammed
      Amina Mohammed

      View all posts
    #EndBadGovernance Eagle Square Nyesom Wike
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Amina Mohammed

    Related Posts

    Breaking News

    NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans

    August 19, 2026
    Breaking News

    No Shortcut to Aso Rock: ADC, NDC Must Be Prepared To Work — Afegbua

    August 19, 2026
    Breaking News

    Arsenal Sign Aston Villa’s Ezri Konsa In £51m Deal

    August 19, 2026
    Breaking News

    Tinubu To Address World Leaders At UNGA 81

    August 19, 2026
    Breaking News

    Osun Election: APC’s Oyebamiji Accepts Result, Urges Supporters To Remain Calm

    August 18, 2026
    Featured

    Edo Assembly Speaker, Blessing Agbebaku Resigns, Idiaye Assumes Position

    August 17, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Editor's Picks

    NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans

    August 19, 2026

    No Shortcut to Aso Rock: ADC, NDC Must Be Prepared To Work — Afegbua

    August 19, 2026

    Arsenal Sign Aston Villa’s Ezri Konsa In £51m Deal

    August 19, 2026

    Tinubu To Address World Leaders At UNGA 81

    August 19, 2026
    Latest Posts
    Advertisement
    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World
    • US Politics
    • EU Politics
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • Connections
    • Science

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2025 The Scrutiny. Designed by Design Streams.

    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.