Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Coup: ECOWAS Suspends Guinea Bissau

    November 28, 2025

    I’II Honour EFCC’s Invitation, Says Malami

    November 28, 2025

    Tinubu Hails Ex-PDP Spokesman Olisa Metuh On 60th Birthday

    November 28, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Coup: ECOWAS Suspends Guinea Bissau
    • I’II Honour EFCC’s Invitation, Says Malami
    • Tinubu Hails Ex-PDP Spokesman Olisa Metuh On 60th Birthday
    • I Felt Like Hitting Obasanjo With Microphone At My Birthday — Fayose
    • Kebbi Schoolgirls: No Ransom Was Paid – Gov Idris
    • FG’s Request for Ekweremadu To Complete Prison Term in Nigeria Rejected by UK
    • Paystack Fires Co-founder Olubi Amid Allegation Of Sexual Misconduct
    • Terrorism: Court Sentences Nnamdi Kanu To Life Imprisonment
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    TheScrutinyNG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, November 30
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Business
    • News
      • World News
    • Sports
    • Interviews
    • Opinion
    • Entertainment
    • Columnists
    • ABOUT US
    TheScrutinyNG
    Home » Bello Turji Seeking Escape Routes After Troops Killed Commanders – CDS
    2 Mins ReadFebruary 8, 2025

    Bello Turji Seeking Escape Routes After Troops Killed Commanders – CDS

    By TheScrutinyNGFebruary 8, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

     

    The Chief of Defence Staff, Gen Christopher Musa, has said notorious terrorist kingpin, Bello Turji, is desperately scrambling for escape, following the relentless military onslaught against terrorists in Zamfara State.

    He also said the elimination of two of his top commanders, Kachalla Gwammade and Kachalla Shehu on Thursday night had sent shivers down the spine of Turji.

    Musa spoke at the closing ceremony of the CDS Joint Task Force Commanders Conference in Abuja on Friday.

    “In a follow-up operation, troops advanced into Tufan and Mashima villages, further dislodging armed groups and pushing them deeper into the forest.

    He said, “In a symbolic strike against banditry, the security forces also returned to the once-cleared area of Bello Turji. The remaining portions of his camp, previously targeted in past offensives, were obliterated in a final suit to erase his presence from the region.

    “Reports indicate that both Turji and Sani Black are now desperately seeking escape routes as the pressure mounts,”.

    The defence chief noted that the ongoing offensives had shown no signal of a shift in the government’s approach to tackling banditry in Zamfara and the wider Northwest.

    He said the security forces had sent a strong message to all armed groups in the country that the era of impunity was over.

    “For years, bandits, terrorists, and criminals have exploded the difficult terrain within our country, creating well-fortified hideouts and lodging deadly raids on communities.

    “However, with the current operations gaining momentum, the tide appears to be turning as troops start their drip and air assaults continue precision strikes.

    “Special forces from the land, the maritime and the air are working assiduously to ensure that we secure the entire nation,” he added.

    Musa reaffirmed that the military would sustain its momentum until all terrorist factions are neutralised.

    The CDS charged commanders to remain committed, dedicated, and focused in all their activities and to understand the enormity of the task ahead.

    Author

    • TheScrutinyNG
      TheScrutinyNG

      View all posts
    Bello Turji Gen. Christopher Musa
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    TheScrutinyNG
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Defence

    Coup: ECOWAS Suspends Guinea Bissau

    November 28, 2025
    Breaking News

    I’II Honour EFCC’s Invitation, Says Malami

    November 28, 2025
    Featured

    Tinubu Hails Ex-PDP Spokesman Olisa Metuh On 60th Birthday

    November 28, 2025
    Featured

    I Felt Like Hitting Obasanjo With Microphone At My Birthday — Fayose

    November 26, 2025
    Breaking News

    Kebbi Schoolgirls: No Ransom Was Paid – Gov Idris

    November 26, 2025
    Crime

    FG’s Request for Ekweremadu To Complete Prison Term in Nigeria Rejected by UK

    November 24, 2025

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Editor's Picks

    Coup: ECOWAS Suspends Guinea Bissau

    November 28, 2025

    I’II Honour EFCC’s Invitation, Says Malami

    November 28, 2025

    Tinubu Hails Ex-PDP Spokesman Olisa Metuh On 60th Birthday

    November 28, 2025

    I Felt Like Hitting Obasanjo With Microphone At My Birthday — Fayose

    November 26, 2025
    Latest Posts
    Advertisement
    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World
    • US Politics
    • EU Politics
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • Connections
    • Science

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2025 The Scrutiny. Designed by Design Streams.

    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.