Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records

    August 21, 2026

    Of Local Government Autonomy and Allocation Boom: Let the Grassroots Feel the Impact

    August 21, 2026

    Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records
    • Of Local Government Autonomy and Allocation Boom: Let the Grassroots Feel the Impact
    • Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa
    • NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans
    • No Shortcut to Aso Rock: ADC, NDC Must Be Prepared To Work — Afegbua
    • Arsenal Sign Aston Villa’s Ezri Konsa In £51m Deal
    • Tinubu To Address World Leaders At UNGA 81
    • Ogogo’s Daughters Cry Out For Help As Actor Battles Stage Four Cancer
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    TheScrutinyNG
    Subscribe
    Friday, August 21
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Business
    • News
      • World News
    • Sports
    • Interviews
    • Opinion
    • Entertainment
    • Columnists
    • ABOUT US
    TheScrutinyNG
    Home » Police Name Three Girls Killed In Southport Stabbing Attack
    3 Mins Read7 ViewsJuly 30, 2024

    Police Name Three Girls Killed In Southport Stabbing Attack

    By Festus AdeloyeJuly 30, 2024No Comments7 Views3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    A large crowd of anti-Muslim protesters clashed with police on Tuesday in a northern English town where three girls were stabbed to death and five other children critically wounded during an attack at a dance event on Monday.

    Police said they were supporters of the English Defence League which has previously staged often violent demonstrations against Islam.

    The police have not given any details about the 17-year-old male suspect, beyond saying he was born in Britain, but hundreds of people gathered in the town on Tuesday

    The suspect is in police custody on suspicion of murder and attempted murder after the incident at the “Taylor Swift yoga and dance workshop” in Southport, north of Liverpool, a summer vacation event for children aged from 6 to 11.

    Police vehicles were damaged and set alight, and items were thrown towards a nearby Mosque. One video posted online showed the crowd chanting “we want our country back”.

    Assistant Chief Constable Alex Goss said the situation was unacceptable: “Yesterday, our officers and other members of the emergency services were faced with one of the most difficult situations they will ever face.

    “Tonight, they find themselves being attacked as they endeavour to prevent disorder.”

    Witnesses to the attack on Monday described what they saw as being like a scene from a horror film.

    Eight other children suffered stab wounds and five remained in a critical condition. Two adults were also critically wounded attempting to protect the young victims, police said.

    British Prime Minister Keir Starmer visited the town earlier on Tuesday, King Charles and his family expressed their shock, and interior minister Yvette Cooper told parliament that people must not speculate about the motive of the attack.

    U.S. singer Swift wrote on Instagram that she was “just completely in shock”.

    “These were just little kids at a dance class. I am at a complete loss for how to ever convey my sympathies to these families.”

    Her fans have raised more than 125,000 pounds ($160,000) online to help families of the victims and for the hospital where some of the children were being treated.

    The three girls who died in the attack were named as Bebe King, aged 6, 7-year-old Elsie Dot Stancombe, and Alice Dasilva Aguiar, aged 9.

    “Keep smiling and dancing like you love to do our Princess, like we said before to you, you’re always our princess and no one would change that. Love from Your Hero Daddy and Mummy,” Aguiar’s family said in a statement.

    Merseyside Police said the motive was unclear but said they were not looking for anyone else in connection with the stabbings, amid fevered speculation on social media about the suspect, who was born in Cardiff and lived in a nearby village.

    “We have already said that the person arrested was born in the UK and speculation helps nobody at this time,” Goss said.

    The attack has shocked Southport, a quiet seaside town, and the country as a whole. Starmer paid a sombre visit to the scene on Tuesday to lay flowers and to meet police and paramedics who responded to the incident.

    “I came here to pay my respects to the victims and families who are going through raw pain and grief that most of us can’t imagine, I can’t imagine as a dad myself,” he told reporters.

    There has been increasing concern at rising levels of stabbings and knife crime in Britain, and the Southport attack follows other recent similar, indiscriminate rampages.

    “I’m absolutely determined that my government will get to grips with it,” Starmer said.

    Author

    • Festus Adeloye
      Festus Adeloye

      View all posts
    Alice Dasilva Aguiar Bebe King Elsie Dot Stancombe Police Southport Taylor Swift UK
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Festus Adeloye

    Related Posts

    Crime

    FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records

    August 21, 2026
    COLUMNISTS

    Of Local Government Autonomy and Allocation Boom: Let the Grassroots Feel the Impact

    August 21, 2026
    Breaking News

    Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa

    August 20, 2026
    Breaking News

    NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans

    August 19, 2026
    Breaking News

    No Shortcut to Aso Rock: ADC, NDC Must Be Prepared To Work — Afegbua

    August 19, 2026
    Breaking News

    Arsenal Sign Aston Villa’s Ezri Konsa In £51m Deal

    August 19, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Editor's Picks

    FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records

    August 21, 2026

    Of Local Government Autonomy and Allocation Boom: Let the Grassroots Feel the Impact

    August 21, 2026

    Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa

    August 20, 2026

    NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans

    August 19, 2026
    Latest Posts
    Advertisement
    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World
    • US Politics
    • EU Politics
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • Connections
    • Science

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2025 The Scrutiny. Designed by Design Streams.

    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.