Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records

    August 21, 2026

    Of Local Government Autonomy and Allocation Boom: Let the Grassroots Feel the Impact

    August 21, 2026

    Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records
    • Of Local Government Autonomy and Allocation Boom: Let the Grassroots Feel the Impact
    • Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa
    • NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans
    • No Shortcut to Aso Rock: ADC, NDC Must Be Prepared To Work — Afegbua
    • Arsenal Sign Aston Villa’s Ezri Konsa In £51m Deal
    • Tinubu To Address World Leaders At UNGA 81
    • Ogogo’s Daughters Cry Out For Help As Actor Battles Stage Four Cancer
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    TheScrutinyNG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, August 23
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Business
    • News
      • World News
    • Sports
    • Interviews
    • Opinion
    • Entertainment
    • Columnists
    • ABOUT US
    TheScrutinyNG
    Home » Jose Mourinho Faces Racism Allegations From Galatasaray Following 0-0 Draw
    2 Mins ReadFebruary 25, 2025

    Jose Mourinho Faces Racism Allegations From Galatasaray Following 0-0 Draw

    By Amina MohammedFebruary 25, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Galatasaray have accused Fenerbahce manager Jose Mourinho of making “racist statements” following a 0-0 draw between the bitter Istanbul rivals.

    It was not immediately clear what comments Galatasaray were referring to and former Real Madrid, Manchester United, Chelsea and Spurs coach Mourinho has not responded publicly to the allegation.

    Speaking after Monday’s league draw at Galatasaray, the Portuguese coach said the home bench had been “jumping like monkeys”.

    He also repeated his criticism of Turkish referees.

    The game was refereed by Slovenia’s Slavko Vincic, said to have been appointed after a request from both clubs that a foreign official take charge of the high-profile encounter.

    Fenerbahce, who are second in the Super Lig six points behind Galatasaray, said Mourinho’s comments were “taken out of context” and “deliberately distorted”, in a message on X.

    The club said any attempt to portray the comment as racist “is an entirely malicious approach”, adding that they would exercise their legal rights in the face of “slander”.

    In its statement, Galatasaray said it would launch criminal proceedings against the 62-year-old Mourinho.

    “Since the commencement of his managerial duties in Turkey, Fenerbahce manager Jose Mourinho has persistently issued derogatory statements directed towards the Turkish people,” the club said.

    “Today his discourse has escalated beyond merely immoral comments into unequivocally inhumane rhetoric.

    “We hereby formally declare our intention to initiate criminal proceedings concerning the racist statements made by Jose Mourinho, and shall accordingly submit official complaints to UEFA and FIFA.

    “Furthermore, we shall diligently observe the stance adopted by Fenerbahce — an institution professing to uphold ‘exemplary moral values’ — in response to the reprehensible conduct exhibited by their manager.”

    AFP

    Author

    • Amina Mohammed
      Amina Mohammed

      View all posts
    Fenerbahce Galatasaray Jose Mourinho
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Amina Mohammed

    Related Posts

    Crime

    FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records

    August 21, 2026
    Breaking News

    Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa

    August 20, 2026
    Breaking News

    No Shortcut to Aso Rock: ADC, NDC Must Be Prepared To Work — Afegbua

    August 19, 2026
    Breaking News

    Arsenal Sign Aston Villa’s Ezri Konsa In £51m Deal

    August 19, 2026
    Breaking News

    Ogogo’s Daughters Cry Out For Help As Actor Battles Stage Four Cancer

    August 18, 2026
    Breaking News

    Osun Election: APC’s Oyebamiji Accepts Result, Urges Supporters To Remain Calm

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Editor's Picks

    FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records

    August 21, 2026

    Of Local Government Autonomy and Allocation Boom: Let the Grassroots Feel the Impact

    August 21, 2026

    Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa

    August 20, 2026

    NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans

    August 19, 2026
    Latest Posts
    Advertisement
    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World
    • US Politics
    • EU Politics
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • Connections
    • Science

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2025 The Scrutiny. Designed by Design Streams.

    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.