Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans

    August 19, 2026

    No Shortcut to Aso Rock: ADC, NDC Must Be Prepared To Work — Afegbua

    August 19, 2026

    Arsenal Sign Aston Villa’s Ezri Konsa In £51m Deal

    August 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans
    • No Shortcut to Aso Rock: ADC, NDC Must Be Prepared To Work — Afegbua
    • Arsenal Sign Aston Villa’s Ezri Konsa In £51m Deal
    • Tinubu To Address World Leaders At UNGA 81
    • Ogogo’s Daughters Cry Out For Help As Actor Battles Stage Four Cancer
    • Osun Election: APC’s Oyebamiji Accepts Result, Urges Supporters To Remain Calm
    • El-Rufai Files N10b Suit Against ICPC Over Denial Of Family Access
    • Edo Assembly Speaker, Blessing Agbebaku Resigns, Idiaye Assumes Position
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    TheScrutinyNG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, August 20
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Business
    • News
      • World News
    • Sports
    • Interviews
    • Opinion
    • Entertainment
    • Columnists
    • ABOUT US
    TheScrutinyNG
    Home » Nigeria Customs Suspends 4% FOB Import Charge After Backlash
    2 Mins ReadFebruary 12, 2025

    Nigeria Customs Suspends 4% FOB Import Charge After Backlash

    By Festus AdeloyeFebruary 12, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Following intense opposition from stakeholders, the Nigeria Customs Service has announced the suspension of the implementation of a 4% Free-on-Board (FOB) value on imports.

    Customs’ spokesman, Abdullahi Maiwada, in a statement on Tuesday, said the suspension would enable comprehensive engagement and consultations between the Minister of Finance Olawale Edun and other stakeholders.

    The FOB, which is a 4% charge on imported goods,  was meant to replace an older system where companies like Webb Fontaine handled import inspections for a 1% fee.

    “The timing of this suspension aligns with the exit of the contract agreement with the Service providers, including Webb Fontaine, which were previously funded through the 1% Comprehensive Import Supervision Scheme (CISS). This presents an opportunity to review our revenue framework holistically,” Maiwada said.

    “Under the previous funding arrangement repealed by the Nigeria Customs Service Act (NCSA) 2023, separating the 1% CISS and 7% cost of collection created operational inefficiencies and funding gaps in customs modernisation efforts.

    “The new Act addresses these challenges by consolidating “not less than 4% of the Free-on-Board value of imports,” designed to ensure sustainable funding for critical customs operations and modernisation initiatives. This transition period will allow the Service to optimise the management of these frameworks to serve our stakeholders and the nation’s interests better.”

    “The suspension period will allow the Service to further engage with stakeholders while ensuring proper alignment with the Act’s provisions for sustainable funding of these modernisation initiatives.

    “We will communicate the revised implementation timeline following the conclusion of stakeholder consultations,” he said.

    Author

    • Festus Adeloye
      Festus Adeloye

      View all posts
    Nigeria Customs Service
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Festus Adeloye

    Related Posts

    Breaking News

    NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans

    August 19, 2026
    Breaking News

    No Shortcut to Aso Rock: ADC, NDC Must Be Prepared To Work — Afegbua

    August 19, 2026
    Breaking News

    Arsenal Sign Aston Villa’s Ezri Konsa In £51m Deal

    August 19, 2026
    Breaking News

    Tinubu To Address World Leaders At UNGA 81

    August 19, 2026
    Breaking News

    Osun Election: APC’s Oyebamiji Accepts Result, Urges Supporters To Remain Calm

    August 18, 2026
    Featured

    Edo Assembly Speaker, Blessing Agbebaku Resigns, Idiaye Assumes Position

    August 17, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Editor's Picks

    NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans

    August 19, 2026

    No Shortcut to Aso Rock: ADC, NDC Must Be Prepared To Work — Afegbua

    August 19, 2026

    Arsenal Sign Aston Villa’s Ezri Konsa In £51m Deal

    August 19, 2026

    Tinubu To Address World Leaders At UNGA 81

    August 19, 2026
    Latest Posts
    Advertisement
    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World
    • US Politics
    • EU Politics
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • Connections
    • Science

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2025 The Scrutiny. Designed by Design Streams.

    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.