Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records

    August 21, 2026

    Of Local Government Autonomy and Allocation Boom: Let the Grassroots Feel the Impact

    August 21, 2026

    Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records
    • Of Local Government Autonomy and Allocation Boom: Let the Grassroots Feel the Impact
    • Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa
    • NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans
    • No Shortcut to Aso Rock: ADC, NDC Must Be Prepared To Work — Afegbua
    • Arsenal Sign Aston Villa’s Ezri Konsa In £51m Deal
    • Tinubu To Address World Leaders At UNGA 81
    • Ogogo’s Daughters Cry Out For Help As Actor Battles Stage Four Cancer
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    TheScrutinyNG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, August 22
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Business
    • News
      • World News
    • Sports
    • Interviews
    • Opinion
    • Entertainment
    • Columnists
    • ABOUT US
    TheScrutinyNG
    Home » No Local Government In Borno Will Fall Into Hands Of Insurgents – Zulum
    2 Mins ReadMay 27, 2025

    No Local Government In Borno Will Fall Into Hands Of Insurgents – Zulum

    By Amina MohammedMay 27, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Borno State Governor Babagana Zulum has vowed that no local government area in the state will be allowed to fall into the hands of Boko Haram terrorist or the Islamic State West African Province (ISWAP) insurgents.

    Zulum was at the State House in Abuja on Monday where he updated President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on the security situation in his state.

    The governor’s unyielding stance against renewed security threats in the region negated his earlier claim that three local government areas in the state – Marte, Abadam and Dikwa – had been taken over by insurgents.

    He urged all relevant stakeholders – military, civilian authorities, and the general public – to work in unity to secure every inch of Nigerian territory.

    “I’m calling on the Nigerian Armed Forces, the civilian authorities, and all those that are concerned to rise up to the matter and defend our local government areas,” Zulum had said on May 18 during a visit to Marte.

    But it was a different tune from the governor yesterday after briefing Tinubu at the Presidential Villa.

    “A few days ago, I made a call that no local government shall be allowed to be taken over by Boko Haram or ISWAP members. It will never happen now,” Zulum told State House reporters after his meeting with the president.

    Zulum emphasized that with strengthened collaboration between the Nigerian armed forces, civilian authorities, and local communities, the state would decisively push back against insurgent advances.

    He went on: “In sha Allah, with the support of the Nigerian Army, with the support of the Armed Forces, we will not leave a single local government to fall into the hands of the insurgents.” he said.

    Author

    • Amina Mohammed
      Amina Mohammed

      View all posts
    Babagana Zulum Borno State
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Amina Mohammed

    Related Posts

    Crime

    FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records

    August 21, 2026
    COLUMNISTS

    Of Local Government Autonomy and Allocation Boom: Let the Grassroots Feel the Impact

    August 21, 2026
    Breaking News

    Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa

    August 20, 2026
    Breaking News

    NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans

    August 19, 2026
    Breaking News

    No Shortcut to Aso Rock: ADC, NDC Must Be Prepared To Work — Afegbua

    August 19, 2026
    Breaking News

    Arsenal Sign Aston Villa’s Ezri Konsa In £51m Deal

    August 19, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Editor's Picks

    FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records

    August 21, 2026

    Of Local Government Autonomy and Allocation Boom: Let the Grassroots Feel the Impact

    August 21, 2026

    Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa

    August 20, 2026

    NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans

    August 19, 2026
    Latest Posts
    Advertisement
    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World
    • US Politics
    • EU Politics
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • Connections
    • Science

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2025 The Scrutiny. Designed by Design Streams.

    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.