Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    2027: 54 National Assembly Members Lose Primaries

    May 24, 2026

    US Involvement In Combating Terrorism Could Attract Foreign Terror Groups – Sheikh Gumi

    May 18, 2026

    2027: I’ve Not Joined NDC, I Remain In APC – Fubara

    May 13, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • 2027: 54 National Assembly Members Lose Primaries
    • US Involvement In Combating Terrorism Could Attract Foreign Terror Groups – Sheikh Gumi
    • 2027: I’ve Not Joined NDC, I Remain In APC – Fubara
    • INEC To Deploy 1.4m Corps Members For 2027 General Elections
    • Mushin Constituency II: Massive Turnout As Seye Oladejo Declares Reps Bid
    • Niger Delta Group Seeks Clarity From Italian Bank, CDP On 5% Divestment In Nigeria
    • I May Not See Long-Distant Future – King Charles
    • Insecurity: Blood of innocent Nigerians will judge you – Atiku Tells Tinubu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    TheScrutinyNG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, May 24
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Business
    • News
      • World News
    • Sports
    • Interviews
    • Opinion
    • Entertainment
    • Columnists
    • ABOUT US
    TheScrutinyNG
    Home » Parents Plead For Help As N50 Million Ransom Demanded For Kogi University Students
    2 Mins ReadAugust 9, 2024

    Parents Plead For Help As N50 Million Ransom Demanded For Kogi University Students

    By Festus AdeloyeAugust 9, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The abductors of two students of Kogi State University, Kabba (KSUK) have demanded ₦50m ransom for the release of the students.

    The students were kidnapped last week Friday at the same spot and same day the Caretaker Chairmen of Kabba/Bunu Council area, Dare Micheal and his three aides were abducted.

    While the CTC chairman, Dare was released due to ill health that could not allow him to trek quickly with the abductors, the other three aides and the two students are still with the abductors.

    The kidnappers had on Monday requested ₦100 million as ransom for the chairman’s aides, and now demanded ₦50 million for the release of the duo students.

    A parent of one of the students, Shadrach Babalola said his son, Isaac Babalola and friend, Joel Bamiyo- both of the Public Administration Department, have been with the kidnappers for a week now.

    He said the kidnappers have been adamant about their demands, “Anytime they (kidnappers) called and ask for ₦50 million and we tell them we don’t have such amount, they tell us we are not serious about the lives of our wards.

    “The last time they called and we told them what we could afford, they told us point blank to take the money and buy Maggi to make soup for ourselves.”

    Babalola urged the state government to intervene in the situation and help secure the release of their children, stressing that they have been living in apprehension since the ugly incident.

    Meanwhile, the Kogi Police Command said they were not aware that students of the institution were among those abducted.

    The Kogi State Police Public Relations Officer, SP William Aya, when contacted wondered why the parents of the students were yet to make a formal report to security operatives.

    Also, the institution has refused to make a formal statement about the abduction of its students.

    The Institution’s Public Relations Officer, Tade Oshaloto when contacted declined to comment on the issue.

    Author

    • Festus Adeloye
      Festus Adeloye

      View all posts
    Kabba (KSUK) Kogi state Kogi State University
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Festus Adeloye

    Related Posts

    Featured

    2027: 54 National Assembly Members Lose Primaries

    May 24, 2026
    Breaking News

    2027: I’ve Not Joined NDC, I Remain In APC – Fubara

    May 13, 2026
    Breaking News

    INEC To Deploy 1.4m Corps Members For 2027 General Elections

    May 11, 2026
    Featured

    Mushin Constituency II: Massive Turnout As Seye Oladejo Declares Reps Bid

    May 11, 2026
    Banking & Finance

    Niger Delta Group Seeks Clarity From Italian Bank, CDP On 5% Divestment In Nigeria

    May 6, 2026
    Breaking News

    I May Not See Long-Distant Future – King Charles

    April 30, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Editor's Picks

    2027: 54 National Assembly Members Lose Primaries

    May 24, 2026

    US Involvement In Combating Terrorism Could Attract Foreign Terror Groups – Sheikh Gumi

    May 18, 2026

    2027: I’ve Not Joined NDC, I Remain In APC – Fubara

    May 13, 2026

    INEC To Deploy 1.4m Corps Members For 2027 General Elections

    May 11, 2026
    Latest Posts
    Advertisement
    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World
    • US Politics
    • EU Politics
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • Connections
    • Science

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2025 The Scrutiny. Designed by Design Streams.

    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.