Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Ogogo’s Daughters Cry Out For Help As Actor Battles Stage Four Cancer

    August 18, 2026

    Osun Election: APC’s Oyebamiji Accepts Result, Urges Supporters To Remain Calm

    August 18, 2026

    El-Rufai Files N10b Suit Against ICPC Over Denial Of Family Access

    August 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Ogogo’s Daughters Cry Out For Help As Actor Battles Stage Four Cancer
    • Osun Election: APC’s Oyebamiji Accepts Result, Urges Supporters To Remain Calm
    • El-Rufai Files N10b Suit Against ICPC Over Denial Of Family Access
    • Edo Assembly Speaker, Blessing Agbebaku Resigns, Idiaye Assumes Position
    • Jubilation In Osun As INEC Declares Adeleke Winner Of Governorship Election
    • Amnesty International Urges Nigerians To Sign Petition Against Fadahunsi
    • NYSC: Atiku Wants Tinubu Disqualified From Contesting 2027 Presidential Election
    • I Will Make Sure Our Ailing Refineries Work – Tinubu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    TheScrutinyNG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, August 18
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Business
    • News
      • World News
    • Sports
    • Interviews
    • Opinion
    • Entertainment
    • Columnists
    • ABOUT US
    TheScrutinyNG
    Home » 3,500-Year-Old Jar Accidentally Smashed By Child At Israeli Museum
    2 Mins ReadAugust 27, 2024

    3,500-Year-Old Jar Accidentally Smashed By Child At Israeli Museum

    By Samuel AkpenpuunAugust 27, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    A 3,500-year-old jar has been accidentally smashed into pieces by a young boy during a trip to a museum in Israel.

    The Hecht Museum in Haifa told the BBC the crockery dated back to the Bronze Age between 2200 and 1500BC – and was a rare artefact because it was so intact.

    It had been on display near the entrance of the museum without glass, as the museum believes there is “special charm” in showing archaeological finds “without obstructions”.

    The museum said it was an accident, and the boy and his family have been invited back to the exhibition for an organised tour.

    The Hecht Museum said the incident happened a few days ago when the boy, aged about four or five, was visiting the museum.

    “There are instances where display items are intentionally damaged, and such cases are treated with great severity, including involving the police,” Lihi Laszlo from the museum told the BBC.

    “In this case, however, this was not the situation. The jar was accidentally damaged by a young child visiting the museum, and the response will be accordingly.”

    A specialist in conservation has also been appointed to restore the jar, and it will be returned to its spot “in a short time”.

    The museum told the BBC that “whenever possible, items are displayed without barriers or glass walls”.

    And “despite the rare incident with the jar” the museum said it intends to continue this tradition.

    The jar was most likely originally intended to be used to carry local supplies, such as wine and olive oil.

    It predates the time of the Biblical King David and King Solomon and is characteristic of the Canaan region on the eastern Mediterranean coast.

    Similar items of pottery found during archaeological digs are usually broken or incomplete when unearthed, making this intact jar “an impressive find” when it was discovered, the museum added.

    The Hecht Museum is in the grounds of the University of Haifa in Israel and collects items of archaeology and art.

    Author

    • Samuel Akpenpuun
      Samuel Akpenpuun

      View all posts
    Hecht Museum Israel
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Samuel Akpenpuun

    Related Posts

    Breaking News

    Osun Election: APC’s Oyebamiji Accepts Result, Urges Supporters To Remain Calm

    August 18, 2026
    Featured

    Edo Assembly Speaker, Blessing Agbebaku Resigns, Idiaye Assumes Position

    August 17, 2026
    Breaking News

    Jubilation In Osun As INEC Declares Adeleke Winner Of Governorship Election

    August 16, 2026
    Featured

    Amnesty International Urges Nigerians To Sign Petition Against Fadahunsi

    August 15, 2026
    Crime

    NYSC: Atiku Wants Tinubu Disqualified From Contesting 2027 Presidential Election

    August 15, 2026
    Featured

    I Will Make Sure Our Ailing Refineries Work – Tinubu

    August 14, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Editor's Picks

    Ogogo’s Daughters Cry Out For Help As Actor Battles Stage Four Cancer

    August 18, 2026

    Osun Election: APC’s Oyebamiji Accepts Result, Urges Supporters To Remain Calm

    August 18, 2026

    El-Rufai Files N10b Suit Against ICPC Over Denial Of Family Access

    August 17, 2026

    Edo Assembly Speaker, Blessing Agbebaku Resigns, Idiaye Assumes Position

    August 17, 2026
    Latest Posts
    Advertisement
    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World
    • US Politics
    • EU Politics
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • Connections
    • Science

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2025 The Scrutiny. Designed by Design Streams.

    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.