Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records

    August 21, 2026

    Of Local Government Autonomy and Allocation Boom: Let the Grassroots Feel the Impact

    August 21, 2026

    Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records
    • Of Local Government Autonomy and Allocation Boom: Let the Grassroots Feel the Impact
    • Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa
    • NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans
    • No Shortcut to Aso Rock: ADC, NDC Must Be Prepared To Work — Afegbua
    • Arsenal Sign Aston Villa’s Ezri Konsa In £51m Deal
    • Tinubu To Address World Leaders At UNGA 81
    • Ogogo’s Daughters Cry Out For Help As Actor Battles Stage Four Cancer
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    TheScrutinyNG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, August 22
    • Home
    • Politics
    • Business
    • News
      • World News
    • Sports
    • Interviews
    • Opinion
    • Entertainment
    • Columnists
    • ABOUT US
    TheScrutinyNG
    Home » I Got Tinubu’s Permission To Be Absent At Council of State Meeting – Wike
    2 Mins ReadOctober 15, 2025

    I Got Tinubu’s Permission To Be Absent At Council of State Meeting – Wike

    By Festus AdeloyeOctober 15, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, said he got President Bola Tinubu’s permission to be absent during the Council of State meeting.

    Prof. Joash Amupitan was nominated as Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission during the meeting.

    Wike stated this during the commissioning of the Access Roads in Sector Centre B, Dakibiyu District, in Abuja.

    He dismissed as false and mischievous reports that he deliberately boycotted the meeting over dissatisfaction with the appointment of the new INEC.

    “On Thursday, we had a flag off and I told the Minister of State, FCT, to represent me at the Council of State meeting”.

    “I had already told Mr President that I would not be available because of other engagements we had already put in place, and so, the honourable minister of state represented the FCT in that meeting”.

    “We have to be careful when people carry unnecessary propaganda and blackmail. But in spite of those things, be focused; you will achieve your results.

    “They said I did not attend because I was not happy that my own nominee was not taken,” he said.

    Wike maintained that he works for President Tinubu and that his delivery of projects in the FCT has silenced the critics.

    “I work for Mr President. Mr President’s judgment, as far as I’m concerned, in this country has always been how to put this country in the right perspective.

    “Be focused. When you start delivering, the achievement will silence all critics. Today they have nothing again to say,” he  said.

    Wike also commended President Tinubu for providing the right leadership, which according to him paved way for the achievements made by the FCT Administration.

    Author

    • Festus Adeloye
      Festus Adeloye

      View all posts
    Nyesom Wike
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Festus Adeloye

    Related Posts

    Crime

    FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records

    August 21, 2026
    COLUMNISTS

    Of Local Government Autonomy and Allocation Boom: Let the Grassroots Feel the Impact

    August 21, 2026
    Breaking News

    Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa

    August 20, 2026
    Breaking News

    NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans

    August 19, 2026
    Breaking News

    No Shortcut to Aso Rock: ADC, NDC Must Be Prepared To Work — Afegbua

    August 19, 2026
    Breaking News

    Arsenal Sign Aston Villa’s Ezri Konsa In £51m Deal

    August 19, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Editor's Picks

    FBI to US Court: Why We Are Withholding Tinubu’s Records

    August 21, 2026

    Of Local Government Autonomy and Allocation Boom: Let the Grassroots Feel the Impact

    August 21, 2026

    Adeleke Presents Certificate Of Return To Tinubu In Aso Villa

    August 20, 2026

    NELFUND: Tinubu Approves Recovered EFCC Cash For Student Loans

    August 19, 2026
    Latest Posts
    Advertisement
    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World
    • US Politics
    • EU Politics
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • Connections
    • Science

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2025 The Scrutiny. Designed by Design Streams.

    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.